March 24, 2012

grilled veggie stack

Day 3 of A La Minute Vegetarian and I'd moved on from stuffing vegetables to stacking them.

I was inspired by this recipe, but wanted to do more vegetables and make it Italian with tomato/basil/mozzarella.

Even though the station is called A La Minute and required cooking things to order, I pre-cooked everything so I would only have to assemble to order (basically cutting down my stress). So this meant that all the vegetables were marinated days in advance and then broiled the day before.

grilling eggplant

On the day of, I just heated the cooked veggies on the griddle and melted cheese between them. Here I have eggplant topped with mozzarella topped with portabello mushroom.

grilled vegetable stack 1

That formed the base layer, along with some leftover jambalaya, grilled zucchini and squash.

grilled vegetable stack 2

The next layer consisted of marinara sauce, grilled onion and more eggplant.

grilled vegetable stack 3

This was finished off with mozzarella, basil and cherry tomato. Mr. P called this my best special yet. I definitely could have sold way more plates than I did, but I was content with the amount of food I prepped so I just left it at that. Still had other things to worry about...

No comments:

Post a Comment