February 27, 2013

turkey patties

Since I mentioned turkey burgers in my previous Cooking Matters post, I had to make them for y'all.

turkey patty ingredients

Started with 1.25 lb of ground turkey, 1 egg white, 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of chopped parsley, 1/4 cup of finely diced onion, a couple cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.

turkey patties formed

Mixed everything by hand and formed little palm-sized patties.

turkey patties seared

In a hot pan with oil, I laid the patties down. Flipped them over once they browned. Then covered the pan with a lid so the insides would cook. A few minutes later they were done! (The egg whites help in this case because you'll see the little cooked bits starting to seep out.)

turkey patties

And behold, one of the best food photos I've taken as of late.

turkey patties & quinoa

I ate the patties atop some quinoa pilaf (dried cranberries, feta cheese, crushed almonds, minced parsley and orange zest). The patties are just the right amount of meaty. I think ground turkey might just become my protein of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment