August 3, 2011

being off the grid

I have to admit, I spent much of the summer breaking from culinary school and this blog, but in my defense I've been pretty busy. Aside from the ongoing hostessing gig I've also been interning with Off the Grid, the local food truck collective.

While most of my job relates to behind-the-scenes machinations - event planning, vendor coordination and the like - I sometimes get out to the markets and taste the food I read and write about! Last month we held a special spicy theme night called "Hot Food / Cold Nights" and I did a tasting and a write-up here.

If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, I urge you to sign up for the newsletter or look at the facebook event postings (both of which I've been writing) and come out to one of the almost-daily markets to sample some mobile but local food.

And for any curry lovers, I planned the "Don't Worry, Eat Curry!" theme night taking place this Saturday - details here.

Happy eating everyone!

***

And here's the curry night event recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment